Friday, 4 October 2013

Shoal Waters Video

A lovely bit of film has surfaced of Charles and Joy sailing Shoal Waters into Wootton/Fishbourne Creek, Isle of Wight.
Shoal Waters has a reefed down main and with staysail only  luffs and heels to gusts pinching way between  moored craft in the creek.
Without the jib I find one has to have plenty of 'way' to get her through a tack and while in a confined creek or river with lots of moored boats to free off a little as Chas does here. This film is interesting not only as I sail her in very much the same way but I too know her nuances. Great fun to watch and a nice bit of film.


2 comments:

Bruce Gregor said...

This is wonderful to see. I have recently purchased and read his book Sailing Just for Fun. What an inspiring man! I got some good practical ideas from his book on building a similar small cruiser which I hope to see in the next couple of years.

Creeksailor said...

Great stuff Bruce. More inspiration can be had from his second book 'In Shoal Waters' available from Lodestar Books.