Friday, 14 December 2012

Old Salts In Creeks

December's edition of East Coast Sailing has just been published and is available here.

  A great little read as usual with an interesting feature by blue water inspiration Roger Taylor, who shows us his new boat MingmingII. On a side note, Roger's corribee will be on display at the London Boat Show, which I'm really looking forward to seeing 'in the flesh' so to speak. I will be attending mid-week so if any of you small-boaters are able to join me, at the Mingming stand, and show our support that would be wonderful; usual contact etc.
A couple of contributions from myself, i.e. part two of "The Wild Sea Coast," and a little creek sailing adventure; "Old Salts In Creeks," with fellow small-boat sailor, and good friend,  Dave Selby. Dave's account of his trundle across the brown stuff to board Shoal Waters can be heard here
  Lots of other stuff too such as a look at changes taken place at Southwold harbour, in the Navigation section, and be  intrigued  by way of  Murder Most Pleasant.. 
  I'll take this opportunity to ask all boating enthusiasts on the East Coast, who can rustle up a few words about your boating capers and related subjects, please do, as I and many others would like to read about it. Simply jot it down on a suitable file or in an email, even send it to me if you like, and I will forward it to the editor at ECS.
Happy reading, TS


5 comments:

Paul Mullings said...

Thanks for a great blog Tony,following your adventures in the company of Shoal Waters has been an enjoyable experience.
Wishing you and your family a restful Christmas and a productive and safe New Year, keep up the good work!

Creeksailor said...

Cheers! I know you have been a long time follower. How you have managed to bear with me I do not know. Life’s twists and turns can be as dramatic as the winding roads of Essex that lead down to the sea. I mean, who would have guessed that I would be sailing Shoal Waters, or, even consider using spellcheck 4 or 5 years ago when I first started this weblog... and that now that everyone-and-their-uncle is blogging the Net world is awash with info and every corner of our land visible on our computer screens. If anything good has come out of the new age it is my creeks remain empty. Happy Crimbo and New Year to you and your family.

Paul Mullings said...

It is a constant wonder to me also that such a magical wilderness can still remain so adjacent to all that teeming humanity - long may you find the peace and solitude you crave!

Creeksailor said...

Thanks Paul. By the way did you manage to go cruising in the nice little boat you came across, the name of which none of us here had heard of?

Paul Mullings said...

Only day sails to date Paul although that should be remedied shortly as summer has finally arrived here. Spring had been particularly windy with few chances to go far. I am not surprised the boat is a stranger to those in the northern hemisphere as she is a local design and as far as I know endemic to NZ.